Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform ever for mobile and web. We help companies build better products.
Our engineering team of 10 is handling 40K requests per second, 400+ servers, and over 20 billion data points per month.
The Product Engineering team is composed of full-stack engineers who are responsible for all user-facing parts of Mixpanel: APIs, reporting interfaces, data visualization, and client libraries.
Recent projects include Mobile surveys (iOS, Android, JS, Python, C) and Live view (JS, Python, C, Redis).
Our engineering culture
- We do very thorough, line-by-line code reviews using GitHub pull requests. This keeps our code quality high and helps us learn.
- We try to have two people work together on every project (collaborating, not pairing). It's more fun and it results in better code.
- We practice rapid iteration. If it's better than live, we ship. We also build things so they can go live (whitelisted) long before launch day.
- We write tests for things that are mission-critical, prone to failure, or cause paranoia. Think billing and datastore code, not Django views.
- We care about learning. Right now we're reading through Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment.
- We are 80% vim, 10% emacs, and 10% IntelliJ.
What we are looking for
- at least 2 years of experience in industry
- mastery of at least one programming language
- passion - you have built (and are dying to show us) something you're proud of, outside of work/school
- strong problem solving ability
- attention to detail
- you code as fluently as you speak
Why join Mixpanel?
- We are profitable, with millions in monthly revenue and over 1,700 paying customers.
- Mixpanel is still a small company (38), but we are poised for great growth.
- Our product is used by companies like amazon.com, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, and Salesforce.
- We've raised money from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator.
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with.
Want to join?
What's the hardest thing you have ever built? Explain it in as much detail as you would like. Email email@example.com with your answer and resume.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.