Mixpanel (www.mixpanel.com) is the world’s most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. Our mission is to help the world learn from its data. We are making millions in revenue, we're cash-flow positive, and financed by some of the best investors in the world. Our current staff size is 18, and we’ve just moved into a beautiful new office space at 4th & Market.
We need your help to do all sorts of essential things, which include but are not limited to the following :
- Schedule interviews and meetings
- Greet candidates when they arrive for interviews
- Assist with onboarding new employees
- Design our new office into an amazingly fun place
- Answer incoming calls, and direct callers to appropriate employees
- Plan company events & activities
- Manage office/kitchen supplies
- Handle building issues as they arise (heating, cooling, elevators, badges, etc)
- Implement office procedures and controls
- Ensure that all office operations run smoothly
- Assist with miscellaneous writing projects
- Roll up your sleeves and tackle additional responsibilities as needed
To be successful, you need to be the kind of person who just genuinely loves to organize stuff, build process, and help solve countless urgent problems. If you have a creative knack for making things look beautiful, this will come in handy too. If you’re not yet proficient with Google Apps, you'll need to opt out.
What else? Here are a few more requirements:
Juggling skills. Tight deadlines. Competing priorities.
Creative genius for finding solutions when there are no clear-cut answers or precedents
Passion to learn and optimize current processes. If you find a more efficient way to do things, we won't be offended. In fact, that's why we’re hiring you!
Published poet, or essay contest winner. Or if not, you can at least write limericks.
Ability to stay calm, even in wild, unpredictable situations. We’re going to test you!
Willingness to take on new responsibilities (we said this earlier, but truly, it merits repeating)
How you win:
Not all opportunities are equal. This one is uniquely awesome. If you start as our office manager, in a few years your career can evolve in whatever direction you want to take it.
To apply, please email us the following three things, in one email :
A link to your profile in LinkedIn
A few examples of how you've contributed to a company
A recent writing sample (or you can just write a haiku)