Mixpanel's mission is to help the world learn from its data. We've built the world's most advanced analytics platform for mobile and web to help companies learn how people use their products and applications so they can grow their business. More than 1,500 businesses use Mixpanel to analyze 16+ billion actions every month to understand how their combined 225 million customers use their products.
We are looking for a Marketing Analyst that is passionate about data and uncovering insights that can help companies make better business decisions. The Marketing Analyst will be responsible for finding interesting trends in large data sets and create reports to establish mobile benchmarks that will help forward thinking companies make better business decisions.
The ideal candidate will be able to analyze performance metrics and use the insights uncovered to create beautiful reports that increase awareness of Mixpanel. We want someone who can work closely with our product, engineering and solutions teams to understand complex questions our customers have and devise ways to use our large data set to answer them.
This position sits in our marketing and communications team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a highly analytical, data driven marketing team.
- Produce impactful and beautifully designed analyses and reports focused on uncovering powerful insights businesses can use to help guide their decision making process and product development priorities.
- Use data to test the validity of a hypothesis and create methodologies to extract insights from large data sets.
- Prepare analysis, charts, and tables with observations and insights in support of a clear point of view.
- Contextualize data trends into clear storylines.
- Develop a set of key metrics and benchmarks that will set the standard for the mobile industry.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable presenting your findings and recommendations to others, able to make a strong case while remaining receptive to feedback.
- Effective in dynamic, high-growth, fast paced environments.
- Hands-on with the ability to combine strong execution and strategic thinking.
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently.
- Solid writing skills.
- Undergraduate degree with analytical rigor. MBA a plus.
- Passionate about helping the world learn from its data and have expertise in data-driven marketing.
- Ability to use Mixpanel’s product and extract insights from large data sets is required.
- We pay a competitive salary, provide full benefits, and will cover relocation expenses to San Francisco.
- Mixpanel has been profitable since Feb, 2012.
- We've raised $12M from: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Max Levchin, Michael/Xochi Birch, Keith Rabois, Marc Benioff, and David Sacks.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.