Mixpanel's mission is to help the world learn from their data. We've made it ridiculously easy to run extremely complex queries across massive amounts of data, all in real-time - our reports are literally to-the-second.
We're currently processing over 10 billion transactions per month from gaming, mobile, social, and e-commerce companies world-wide. This volume of data, and the types of analysis we can do, give us some uniquely interesting problems to solve: scaling, data integrity, building apis, availability, and data visualization.
- Demonstrate world-class programming ability.
- Collaborate and discuss engineering architecture.
- Care about system reliability and code quality.
- Will dig through source code other people wrote to fix problems no matter what.
- Are 80% vim, 20% emacs.
As an engineer at Mixpanel, you'll be doing interesting work from day one. We've got tons of problems to solve, from scaling the backend to writing intricate interfaces.
- You are a generalist looking to tackle any engineering problem from front to back.
- You have a core understanding of fundamental computer science concepts.
- You understand performance tradeoffs.
- You have built (and are dying to show us) something you're proud of, outside of work/school.
- We are backed by amazing top-tier investors including: Sequoia Capital, Max Levchin (co-founder of PayPal), Michael Birch (co-founder of Bebo), and Keith Rabois (COO of Square).
- What's the hardest thing you have ever built? Explain it in as much detail as you would like. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer and resume.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.